Vanilla Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
Fill your home with the quintessential scents of the holidays with these spiced almonds! Not only do they smell delicious, but they'll be hard to stop eating. They're perfect to snack on, or to package up as gifts for loved ones (if you don't eat them all first!).
- 1 lb whole raw almonds (about 3 heaping cups)
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix the two sugars, cinnamon, salt and ginger together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg white with a handheld mixer until frothy. Add vanilla and beat again until combined.
- Add almonds to the mixing bowl with the egg white and stir, making sure to completely cover the almonds. Add the sugar mixture and stir again until well combined.
- Spread almonds in a thin layer on the baking sheet. Bake for an hour, stirring the almonds about every 15-20 minutes.
- Test an almond for crispness. They should be nice and crunchy by this point, but bake longer if necessary until they reach the desired crunch level.
- Cool uncovered for a few minutes and serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!