The Perfect Homemade Granola
Our brains are wired to love crunchy things. Loud food just tastes better!
Homemade granola continues to be one of our favorite healthy loud foods. Crispy, crunchy, and full of good-for-you ingredients, this granola makes the perfect snack food for any outdoor spring activity.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
What you need:
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup raw pecans
1 cup raw almonds
½ cup melted coconut oil
½ cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup chopped dried cherries
1/3 cup chopped dried pineapple
1/3 cup chopped dried mango
Substitutions and suggestions: If you have an allergy or just dislike a certain ingredient, swap it out! You can swap dried cherries for chopped dried persimmons, or pecans for peanuts. If you’re feeling adventurous you can experiment with different flavor combinations. Powdered Masala Chai and almonds make a delicious pair, while fennel seeds and cayenne pepper put a savory spin on this crunchy treat. Try adding coconut flakes, orange zest, ginger, or sesame seeds. For a melty mouthfeel, add dark chocolate chips after removing the granola from the oven. For chocolate with some crunch, add dark chocolate chips once the granola has cooled.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, nuts, and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, and maple syrup until the oats and nuts are evenly coated.
- Pour the granola onto the baking sheet, using a spoon or spatula to spread it into an even layer.
- Bake 10 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow the granola to cool for 45 minutes.
- Remove granola from the baking sheet by breaking it into pieces with your hands or a spoon. Add chopped dried fruit and combine.
- Store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks, or in the freezer for up to two months.
Making this recipe at home? Don’t forget to tag us in your recipe photos @YourFFT