Dried Peach Oatmeal Cookies
Oatmeal cookies are an absolute classic! While traditional oatmeal cookies contain raisins, we’re switching it up by using our delicious, dried peaches. The dried peaches provide a burst of sweetness and acidity that pairs perfectly with the warmth of the nutmeg and heartiness of the oats. Enjoying this recipe at home? Don’t forget to tag us @YourFFT!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups dried peaches (diced)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars.
- Add eggs one at a time, then add in the vanilla extract.
- Stir in the flour mixture, then oatmeal.
- Once all the dry ingredients are incorporated, add in the dried peaches until evenly distributed.
- Shape cookie dough into 1-inch balls and arrange on the parchment covered baking sheet, leaving at least 2 inches between cookies
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned at the edges and just set in the center.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.