Kale and Dried Cherry Salad with Pecorino Romano and Almonds
Need to mix up your salads? You have to try this kale salad with Fruit For Thought Dried Cherries! Between the dressing, the crunch of almonds, and the zest of lemon, every bit is satisfying! Try it out for yourself and let us know what you think.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine or other vinegar
- 2 teaspoons smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1-2 bunches kale, Lacinato or another variety
- 1/2 cup slivered, sliced, or chopped almonds, very well toasted and cooled
- 1/3 cup Fruit For Thought Dried Cherries
- 2 to 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces pecorino romano, feta, or another firm salty cheese
- Few gratings of fresh lemon zest
For the dressing, whisk vinegar, mustard, honey, and dill in the bottom of a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Gradually whisk in olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Wash kale and dry well. Remove the rib from each leaf and cut or tear leaves into bite-size pieces. Place in bowl with dressing and toss to combine thoroughly.
Add remaining salad ingredients, and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!