Homemade Cashew Butter
Did you know you can make the most delicious cashew butter at home with only three ingredients? Try this Homemade Cashew Butter recipe for a quick, healthy alternative to store bought products.
This recipe is so simple to make and takes 15 minutes, tops! It has only three ingredients: roasted salted cashews, coconut oil and a few Medjool dates to add a little all-natural sweetness.
How to Make Cashew Butter
- 3 cups roasted salted cashews
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- Add the cashews and dates to a food processor and process. It will first start to get crumbly, then begin to clump and stick to the sides of the container. Occasionally, stop the processor and down scrape the sides.
- Once the mixture has started to become creamy, add the coconut oil to the mixture while the food processor is still running.
- Continue to process until desired consistency. For a super creamy texture, you'll be processing for about 15 minutes, but if you like a slightly crunch consistency, it will take about 10 minutes.
Storage tips: Store in an airtight glass container in the pantry for up to two months, or in the refrigerator for up to six months.
Note: If you don't have a food processor, you can also make cashew butter in a blender. But we HIGHLY recommend a food processor for this.