Cream and Cherry Scones
Looking for a quick and easy recipe to surprise Mom with this Mother’s Day? Look no further than these Cream and Cherry Scones! They come together in half an hour, though they look like they took much longer than that! While there’s nothing better than freshly baked scones, these also keep well, so to drop them off for your mother to enjoy, put these in a box and finish with a note and bow.
Prep time: 10 mins; Cook time: 15 minutes; Makes 8 scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into ¼ inch pieces
- ½ cup chopped Fruit For Thought Dried Cherries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees, ensuring oven rack is in middle position.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse a few times to combine.
- Distribute butter evenly in food processor, cover and pulse 12 times for a second each. Add dried cherries and pulse one more time to combine.
- Transfer the dough to a large bowl and add cream. Stir in cream using a rubber spatula until dough begins to form, about 30 seconds. There may still be dry, floury bits at this point. This is okay.
- Transfer dough and any dry bits to countertop and knead until it all comes together in a rough, slightly sticky ball, about 10 more seconds. Mold into a disk and cut into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the tops of the scones are light brown. Move to a wire rack and let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.