Cherry Chocolate Almond Cookie Recipe
Enjoy these delicious Cherry Chocolate Almond Cookies made with Fruit For Thought Dried Cherries! This is a simple holiday cookie recipe to add to your baking list this holiday season! It’s got the perfect combination of salty sweetness that will keep you wanting more. We dare you to eat just one!
- 1½ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup of Fruit For Thought Dried Cherries (roughly chopped)
- ½ cup almonds (roughly chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl and mix until completely combined. Then beat in egg and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold the dry mixture into the bowl of wet ingredients until combined. Do not overbeat.
- Once combined, fold in the chocolate, cherries, and almonds.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop dough into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat mat about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire cooling rack.